Board :Tales of the People
Author :Archon Iyagi
Subject :"Strange Thing of Southern Koguryo" by Docc
Date :4/23
"STOP THAT RIGHT NOW!" I cried, my voice cracking with desperation.

The sounds of steel on wood, steel on plate, and steel on steel evaporated from the woods around me, only replaced by the sounds of panting and an aura of confusion. Before me were two figures locked in what had seemed to be mortal combat.

It was such a beautiful day! Sunny, not a cloud in the sky! I thought I would take a pleasant walk through the borderlands of Nagnang and Koguryo, and this is what I find!?

"That is quite enough of that!" I demanded, "What on earth do you two think you are doing!?"

Both figures regarded me with that strange mixture of awe and irritation, I can guarantee they both were wondering what the heck I was doing there, and to be fair, so was I. One, a burly fellow clad in platemail, a hefty axe and shield in his hands. The other, an odd... creature? It seemed to be some sort of giant living shrub, and the axe it carried dwarfed the other mans.

"Listen'ere Kid" The man said, "This'n here be a beastie, and it has an axe I wants, so bugger off and leave me to m'business aye?" I looked to the creature, and it did not respond, it simply rustled and shook slightly.

"I don't care what you think it is! it's obviously their axe and you are on grounds of murder and theft! Leave it be or I shall be forced to document this in a report to Justice!"

The man looked at me with fury in his eyes, I thought perhaps he had chosen his next target! But I held my ground, and stared him dead in the eyes. "Bah!" he spat on the ground and turned  heading back to the North.

Tentatively I approached the creature (who was much bigger than I up close!) and asked, "Are you alright? That was horrible!"

It looked at me questioningly, or I assumed it looked at me... it didn't seem to have any eyes, being a tree and all...
*click-clack-tck-crack-krk-zrk-oog* it responded, hefting its giant axe slightly in my direction.

Of course it didn't speak my language! but it seemed to understand a little... but I also think I understood its intention. "Friend or Foe?" was what I got out of it.

I took a moment to channel my healing energy from the earth, and sent it towards the creature. Little chips and large chunks of wood began to mend with the renewal of my spell. I threw my arms out to the side in an attempt to be non-threatening.

"TICK TACK, BOOGY WOOGY, ALOO BI DOO BI DOO!" I boomed in response as it was fascinated with its own replenishment.

It seemed stunned by my proclamation of friendship, and it shuddered and shook in what I could only hope was a dance of happiness.

*zrk-clack-oog-oog-crack-oog-oog-zrk...* From what I understood, it seemed to be saddened by the encounter. I had a feeling this had not been the first robber it had come across.

"Don't worry my friend, you have as much right to your own possesions as any of us! You are a living being of the earth after all!" I said as sympathetically as I could, wondering why I would bother with the use of the human tongue.

It walked right up to me! It was ALOT bigger than me! It held out its huge weapon and dropped it right into my hand! The sheer weight of the thing dropped me to the ground.

*tck-tack. zrk-zrk* What I got from that was... "No big deal, your problem now." It strode off into the forest in long sweeping steps.

Holding this collosal weapon in my hands, alone in the wilds I couldn't help but think...

"My, what a Strange Thing!"

-Docc-